The Amazon Fire Phone, which is available now for pre-order on Amazon, has an impressive list of features and specs. It will be released this year on July 25th for AT&T customers only.
The Amazon phone comes with 2 years AT&T service contract for $199 and without a contract, it costs $649.
Amazon Fire Phone Specs
- Size: 5.5″ x 2.6″ x 0.35″ (139.2mm x 66.5mm x 8.9mm)
- Weight: 5.64 ounces (160 grams)
- Processor: 2.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 CPU, with Adreno 330 GPU and 2GB of RAM
- Display: 4.7″ HD LCD display, with 1280 x 720 resolution at 315 ppi
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio processing
- Camera: 13 MP rear-facing camera, 2.1 MP front-facing camera
- OS: Fire OS 3.5.0
- Storage: 32GB or 64GB
- Battery: 2400mAh
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, Micro USB 2.0, 4G
Amazon Fire Phone Features
- Second Screen – Pause playback on phone and instantly resume it on a variety of devices, including PS3, PS4, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung TV’s.
- Firefly Technology – Quickly identify printed web addresses, emails, phone numbers, bar codes, and more. Also identity songs, movies, TV shows, and products.
- Mayday – Quickly and easily connect to Amazon tech support via video at any time.
- Dynamic Perspective – Be able to perform a number of controls, including tilting, swiveling, scrolling, and accessing menus with unique movements not available on other smartphones.
- Whispersync – Link Audible and Kindle books together to instantly have the audio book pick up right where you stop reading the e-book.
- Amazon Appstore – Thousands of games and apps to download and play on your phone.
- Prime Instant Video – Free streaming videos with an Amazon Prime account.
The Amazon Fire Phone will also come with a full year of Prime for free for a limited time. Normally, that would be an extra $100.
Fire phone is powered by the latest version of Fire OS, which starts with Android and adds cloud services, a content-forward user interface, built-in media libraries, productivity apps, and platform enhancements to integrate Amazon’s digital content and improve performance.