Verizon is preparing to give away freebies on November 26th, which would be digital in nature on a day prior to Thanksgiving. The gifts would be coming in through various partners. The wireless carrier is thus putting in all efforts to glue on to the market in holiday shopping season.
The market would see a lot of competition, for which this seems to be a smart move. Verizon will be offering to Americans on that day additional data to customers, and teaming up with Amazon, Apple, Boingo Wireless, Condé Nast, Gogo Technologies, JetBlue and Pandora.
Jay Jaffin, Vice President Marketing Communications at Verizon says, “You think about what typically happens on that day … It’s really the day that America goes mobile. As a mobile company it felt like a great fit. We’re in a position to make the travel journey a little better for people.” The freebies will all have connectivity to smartphones, movies and TV shows. There will be discounted apps, free e-books and audio books. The VP of marketing exclaimed that they want to make the best out of the holiday season and express gratitude to customers on Thanksgiving day.
Customers who register on their site can receive the following, even if they are not Verizon users!
- Special mobile access to popular movies and TV shows on Nov. 26, compliments of Verizon FiOS, by downloading the free FiOS Preview app.
- A selection of 10 free/discounted apps on Amazon, plus two free Audible book downloads (new members) or $10 Audible credit (current members)
- A special offer from Apple iTunes to be revealed on Nov. 26th
- Free Digital Edition downloads of 17 Condé Nast Publications, including Wired, Vanity Fair and GQ.
- 30-minute complimentary Internet sessions through Boingo Wireless (at airports) and Gogo Technologies (in-flight)
- Free in-flight Fly-Fi (Wi-Fi) for flights between Nov. 26 and Dec. 24th
Along with this, even Apple will be having a special offer on that very day, which hasn’t been revealed as of now. Verizon has described this ‘Connection Day’ to be a big “Thanks” from Verizon during the season of thanks.
What is the voice quality of T-Mobile in flight ? anyone checked it ??……………….. ……………….telecomvibe[dot]com